To approve NPRR184 as amended by the 9/9/09 ERCOT comments.
Vote tallies here reflect individual votes, not the weight of the votes by market segment.
Affirmative votes are not recorded in these vote tallies. For additional details on the voting
record, please consult the Recommendation or Action Report, or the official vote tally if
available, as posted in the key documents.
Jun 23, 2009
This Nodal Protocol Revision Request (NPRR) incorporates certain definitions and acronyms from the zonal Protocols for terms that are used in the Nodal Protocols but are not defined in Section 2, Definitions and Acronyms. Some of these definitions have been slightly modified for use in the Nodal Protocols. This NPRR also makes clarifying revisions to Section 2 that can be categorized as follows:
(1) Reorders certain definitions and acronyms so that Section 2 is in proper alphabetical order;
(2) Within defined terms, spells out full terms rather than using associated acronyms. This assures defined terms that incorporate a shorter defined term will appear consecutively in Section 2.1. For example, Competitive Retailer (CR) of Record incorporates the defined term "Competitive Retailer," but currently the definitions for "Competitive Retailer" and "CR of Record" appear on different pages. Accordingly, "CR of Record" will be changed to "Competitive Retailer (CR) of Record";
(3) Moves certain definitions to appear as secondary definitions that follow the primary defined term (e.g., definition for "Black Start Resource" moved to follow definition of "Resource"), and changes certain secondary definitions to primary definitions (e.g., "EILS Contract Period" no longer a secondary definition of "Emergency Interruptible Load Service (EILS)"). Only those terms that are types or classes of a primary defined term are listed as secondary definitions (e.g., Forced Outage, which is a type of Outage);
(4) Adds acronyms and abbreviations used in the Nodal Protocols to the list in Section 2.2 if not already contained therein;
(5) Deletes terms that do not need definitions from Section 2.1 (e.g., proper nouns);
(6) Deletes definitions for terms that are not used in the Nodal Protocols;
(7) Adds internal hyperlinks for navigating within Section 2; and(8) Makes non-substantive administrative changes, such as correcting acronym usage, capitalization of defined terms, formatting, grammar, and citations.
This NPRR will make Section 2 more complete and user-friendly.