To grant NPRR400 Urgent status andto table NPRR400 for one month.
Vote tallies here reflect individual votes, not the weight of the votes by market segment.
Affirmative votes are not recorded in these vote tallies. For additional details on the voting
record, please consult the Recommendation or Action Report, or the official vote tally if
available, as posted in the key documents.
This Nodal Protocol Revision Request (NPRR) requires that a) the Future Credit Exposure (FCE) component of the collateral calculation and b) the CRR Auction credit limit be collateralized with cash, letter of credit or a surety bond. Unsecured credit and unsecured credit through guarantees will no longer be available for this. This NPRR also eliminates netting of FCE with Current Credit Exposure (CCE) for all Counter-Parties. To accomplish the above ERCOT considered the approaches listed below:
(1) Establish separate collateral "pools" for Qualified Scheduling Entity (QSE) and CRR activities (similar to zonal); and
(2) Continue with a combined collateral pool, but providing sublimits for activity that must be secured.
ERCOT has used the second approach in the NPRR as it provides the most flexibility and ability to maximize use of collateral.
The NPRR addresses three areas:
(1) Splits the Total Potential Exposure (TPE) into two portions:
(a) Total Potiential Exposure Secured (TPES) is the TPE that must be secured with cash, letter of credit or surety bond; and
(b) Total Potential Exposure Any (TPEA) is the TPE that may be secured with any form of collateral. TPEA will include all exposure not included in TPES.
(2) Defines subcomponents of Financial Security and establishes additional requirements to maintain adequate secured collateral:
(a) Secured Collateral (cash, letter of credit or surety bond)
(b) Remainder Collateral (Financial Security minus TPES minus Net Positive Exposure of approved CRR Bilateral Trades)
(3) Redefines Available Credit Limit(ACL) and provides for separate calculations of ACL for the Day Ahead (DAM) (ACLD) and CRR (ACLC) markets. ACL for CRRs must be collateralized with Secured Collateral.
To ensure that a) the Future Credit Exposure (FCE) component of the collateral calculation and b) the CRR Auction credit limit is secured with cash, letters of credit or surety bonds and to satisfy expected Commodities Exchange Act exemption requirements.