This Nodal Protocol Revision Request (NPRR) proposes the discontinuation of the posting requirement for Reliability Must Run Cost Data Deviation Requests/Responses, ERCOT Market Information List (EMIL) ID, NP3-558-M.
This NPRR is part of a series of revision requests submitted by the Market Information System User Group (MISUG) in support of the TAC June 2013 recommendation that all manually developed ERCOT market reports be reviewed for market interest and the amount of labor involved to produce the reports. This NPRR is the result of a collaborative effort between the MISUG and ERCOT to review the reports that are manually produced by ERCOT.
Below is the MISUG summary of the results of the review:
· Evaluated the 134 reports manually produced by ERCOT Staff
· 95 reports are required by Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) Substantive Rules, ERCOT Protocols or an ERCOT Other Binding Document.
· 39 reports are requested or self prompted.
· Conclusion of the evaluation:
· Discontinue 15 reports, eliminating 516 hrs of manual work annually.
· Continue producing 119 reports which constitute 24,631.5 hours of manual work annually.Automate 15 reports which would eliminate 3,906 hours of manual work annually.
Meets strategic goals
Market efficiencies or enhancements
Other: In recent history (the Nodal market and the latter years of the Zonal market) it has not been necessary to create this report for any of the Reliability Must-Run (RMR) Units. While the report may provide some incentive for timely submission of actual cost, ultimately there is a stronger incentive to have actual cost submitted according to the deadlines due to the Protocol requirement to substitute missing actuals costs with a zero value.