Retail Market Test Flight Information
Testing is required for new Competitive Retailers (CRs) and Transmission/Distribution Service Providers (TDSPs) entering the Texas retail market, as well as for any current CR entering a new service territory, testing an additional business functionality, or adding another entity to its business umbrella.
NOTE: Flight LPL0423 is only for existing CRs to test with Lubbock Power and Light for the transition to retail competition. There are only 2 flights for new CRs in 2023.
2023 Flight Registration Information
|Flight Dates||Flight 0223: February 7, 2023 – March 10, 2023||Flight LPL0423: March 14, 2023 – May 5, 2023||Flight 1023: September 12, 2023 – October 20, 2023|
|Application Processing Deadline*||
January 18, 2023 5:00 p.m. CPT
N/A Only Existing CRs are eligible for this flight*
August 16, 2023 5:00 p.m. CPT
|Flight Registration Deadline||February 1, 2023 5:00 p.m. CPT||March 8, 2023 5:00 p.m. CPT||September 6, 2023 5:00 p.m. CPT|
|Comments||Flight tests for Texas Standard Electronic Transaction (SET) Version 4.0A||Flight test for existing REPs to test with Lubbock Power and Light for the transition to retail competition||Flight tests for Texas Standard Electronic Transaction (SET) Version 4.0A|
*See Registration Information below for mandatory steps to be completed prior to the Application Processing Deadline.
* Existing CRs that do not have a FlighTrak Login must submit a FlighTrak Administrator Form a minimum of ten (10) business days prior to the registration deadline to be setup to register for this flight.
Pursuant to the ERCOT Protocols, ERCOT has ten (10) Business Days to approve or reject an LSE application for registration once it has been submitted and deemed complete. In order to ensure that ERCOT has adequate time to evaluate an application, any new CR wishing to participate in an upcoming retail market test flight should undertake the below-referenced steps at least ten (10) Business Days before the Application Processing Deadline indicated above. Failure to do so could render the CR ineligible for the upcoming flight.
The following steps must be completed by any new CR wishing to participate in an upcoming retail market test flight, and processed by ERCOT, before the Application Processing Deadline:
- Apply for and receive a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number that is accessible by ERCOT on www.dnb.com (Note: ERCOT must be able to view and access the DUNS Number through www.dnb.com by the Application Processing Deadline; merely obtaining a DUNS Number from Dun and Bradstreet the day of the Application Processing Deadline is not sufficient, as it may take Dun and Bradstreet several days to enter the DUNS Number into their system);
- Submit an LSE registration form and the appropriate application fee to ERCOT;
- If registering as a Retail Electric Provider (REP), apply for REP certification with the Public Utility Commission of Texas; and
- For more information, send an e-mail to RetailMarketTesting@ercot.com.