- Conservation Appeal
When a Conservation Appeal is been issued, ERCOT will ask consumers and businesses to reduce electric use, if safe to do so.
ERCOT also requests all government agencies (including city and county offices) to implement all programs to reduce energy use at their facilities.
For energy-saving tips, visit the TXANS page. Simple actions can help balance electric supply and demand and improve grid reliability.
What is a Conservation Appeal?
A Conservation Appeal is an elevated request for Texans to reduce their energy use during peak demand periods when there is a potential to enter emergency operations due to lower reserves. Help from Texans to conserve electricity use, if safe to do so, will assist grid reliability.
On days when electric demand approaches the amount of available supply, ERCOT can issue a Conservation Appeal to help decrease demand while we deploy available tools to manage the grid reliably.
Conservation is a common tool used throughout the industry to support grid reliability.
Critical Medical Needs Reminder
If you have medical needs, please know this is only a voluntary request. Contact your local electric utility and have a backup plan in case controlled outages are needed later.
For the latest information during a Voluntary Conservation Notice:
- Subscribe to TXANS notifications.
- Monitor current and extended grid conditions on ERCOT dashboards.
- Download the ERCOT mobile app, available in the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Follow ERCOT on social media: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- View ERCOT’s news releases.
- You can also subscribe to EmergencyAlerts for emergency notifications only.