Texas Retail Market Testing
Texas Retail Market Testing is an end-to-end test of the retail commercial processes that occur in the Texas market. Any competitive retailer (CR) or transmission/distribution service provider (TDSP) intending to participate in the Texas retail market must successfully certify its commercial applications through a market test flight.
Find current Retail Market Test Flight Information, including registration information on this website. There are currently three testing periods each year; a test flight is scheduled approximately every four months.
The Texas Standard Electronic Transaction Working Group (TX SET Working Group) develops the market test plan and schedules each testing flight. Testing is facilitated by the ERCOT flight administrator to ensure that it is conducted fairly and objectively for all participants. The flight administrator notifies ERCOT Retail Client Services of the market participants that have successfully completed the testing process; their trading partner relationships; and the functionality tested.
See registration information below for mandatory steps to be completed prior to flight Application deadline. All steps must be completed and successfully processed by ERCOT before the registration deadline.
To enter a retail market test flight, a market participant must accomplish the following:
- Apply for a Dun and Bradstreet number
- Submit the appropriate registration form (Current Protocols - Nodal Section 23 Form B: Load Serving Entity (LSE) Application for Registration) to ERCOT
- If registering as a CR, submit the ERCOT application fee with the registration form
- If registering as a retail electric provider (REP), apply for REP certification with the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- For more information, send an e-mail to RetailMarketTesting@ercot.com
The North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) Electronic Delivery Mechanism (EDM) 1.6 must be established before beginning a testing flight. The NAESB EDM connectivity testing schedule can be found below in Approved Updated 2019 Flight Schedule under Key Documents.