Retail Market Test Flight Information
Testing is required for new competitive retailers (CRs) and transmission/distribution service providers (TDSPs) entering the Texas retail market, as well as for any current market participant entering a new service territory, testing an additional business functionality or adding another entity to its business umbrella.
The next flight is not currently open for registration.
Please view the Approved Flight Schedules below for upcoming market testing flights.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact RetailMarketTesting@ercot.com.
The following steps must be completed before the registration deadline:
- Apply for and receive a Dun and Bradstreet number
- Submit the appropriate registration form to ERCOT
- If registering as a CR, submit the ERCOT application fee with the registration form
- If registering as a retail electric provider (REP), apply for REP certification with the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Submit the Testing Worksheet (TW) found on the ERCOT Retail Testing Website
- Send an e-mail of intent to participate in the next test flight to RetailMarketTesting@ercot.com