||2.1, 16.12, 16.12.1, 16.12.2, 16.12.3, 16.12.4, 23 Form B, 23 Form E, 23 Form J, 23 Form L
||This Nodal Protocol Revision Request (NPRR) modifies Section 16, Registration and Qualification of Market Participants, and Section 23, Forms B, E, and J; and adds Form L.
This NPRR makes the following primary modifications to Section 16:
(1) Creates a new process by which qualified Market Participants can request to opt-out of receiving Digital Certificates and having to appoint a User Security Administrator (USA). If ERCOT determines that a Market Participant is qualified to opt-out, that Market Participant will not have the ability to request/utilize Digital Certificates or access to the Market Information System (MIS);
(2) Clarifies ambiguous requirements Digital Certificate holders must meet to receive and continue to hold Digital Certificates; and
(3) Clarifies that a USA may be responsible for managing access to certain ERCOT computer systems that do not require Digital Certificates, such as the online Resource Integration and Ongoing Operations (RIOO) system, which is currently expected to be implemented later in 2018.
This NPRR makes the following modifications to Section 23:
(1) Revises Form B and Form J to give new applicants the ability to opt-out of receiving Digital Certificates as long as they meet the necessary qualifications;
(2) Revises Form E to allow a qualified Market Participant that has previously opted-out of receiving Digital Certificates to opt back in, and therefore become eligible to receive Digital Certificates; and
(3) Adds Form L.
Additional revisions streamline and clarify the Digital Certificate and USA process.
||Market efficiencies or enhancements