800 Airport Road
Taylor, Texas 76574
Driving directions are provided from the following locations:
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport via Tollway
- Interstate Highway 35 North (from Round Rock/Austin)
- Highway 95 South (from Granger/Bartlett)
- Highway 95 North (from Coupland/Elgin)
Directions from the Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Travel east on Highway 71 (Ben White Boulevard) for about 1-1/4 miles.
- At the stoplight, turn left on Highway 973. (The road is not clearly marked. Look for a road sign indicating the town of Manor and an Exxon gas station on the right side of the road.)
- Travel north on 973. You will cross Highway 969 after about six miles. Continue traveling on 973 for about another seven miles.
- You will come to a four-way stop in the town of Manor. Turn right onto Loop 212. Continue on Loop 212 for approximately one mile. You will pass Manor Elementary School on your right and a Catholic church on your left.
- Just past the church, turn left onto what has once again become Highway 973. Continue on 973; you will cross Highway 290.
- You will then be approximately 19 miles from the town of Taylor. The road (973) winds often. Do not veer off on any side road to the right or left but remain fixed on 973.
- Continue north on 973 until it ends at the T-intersection of Highway 79/FM397.
- Turn left onto 397 and follow that for about a mile until you cross over 79. You will see the ERCOT orange buildings on your left.
- Drive past the buildings and take your first left onto Airport Road. Proceed to the ERCOT buildings, and follow ERCOT visitor instructions.
Directions from the Austin Bergstrom International Airport via Tollway
- From the airport, head east on Presidential Blvd toward Highway 71 East (Ben White Blvd) for just under a mile.
- Turn right to merge onto Highway 71 East. Continue to follow Highway 71 East for two and a half miles.
- Turn left at Tollway 130 North/Tollway 45 North. Continue on Tollway 130 North for about 25 miles.
- Take exit 423 toward Round Rock/Taylor/US-79 and turn right toward US-79 North.
- Take the ramp onto US-79 North.
- Continue on US-79 North for 8 miles.
- Just prior to the 397 overpass at Taylor, turn left at Airport Rd.
- Drive past the hotel and restaurant, proceed to the ERCOT buildings, and follow ERCOT visitor instructions.
Directions from Interstate Highway 35 North (from Round Rock/Austin)
- From Interstate Highway 35, take Exit 253 (Highway 79/Taylor exit). Taylor is about 16 miles from the intersection of 79 and I-35.
- After exiting, take a right at the first stoplight onto Highway 79 North (also called E. Palm Valley Boulevard).
- Follow 79 for about 16 miles. You will pass through the town of Hutto at the midway point.
- As you approach Taylor, look for a Best Western Hotel/Mas Fajitas restaurant and small airport to the left. Beyond that, you should see the ERCOT orange buildings. (If you go underneath an overpass or reach a blinking yellow light, you have gone too far into Taylor.)
- Take a left onto Airport Road., which is also the entrance to the hotel, restaurant and airport. Proceed to the ERCOT buildings, and follow ERCOT visitor instructions.
Directions from Highway 95 South (from Granger/Bartlett)
- From Highway 95 South, when you arrive in Taylor, take a right on FM397 at the stoplight. There is an H.E.B. shopping center at the 95/397 intersection.
- Follow 397 until you come to Airport Road (approximately 3 miles). You will see the ERCOT orange buildings.
- Take a right onto Airport Road. Proceed to the ERCOT buildings, and follow ERCOT visitor instructions.
Directions from Highway 95 North (from Coupland/Elgin)
- From Highway 95 North, when you drive across the overpass into Taylor, 95 turns into Main Street.
- At the bottom of the overpass, immediately turn left at the stoplight of Main Street and Second Street.
- Follow Second Street out of Taylor until the street turns into Highway 79.
- As you leave Taylor, look for a Best Western Hotel/Mas Fajitas restaurant and small airport to the right. Beyond that, you should see the ERCOT orange buildings.
- Take a right onto Airport Road, which is also the entrance to the hotel, restaurant and airport. Proceed to the ERCOT buildings, and follow ERCOT visitor instructions.
Instructions for ERCOT Visitors
- ERCOT is located in two large orange buildings on Airport Road.
- There are two entrances, one for each building. Turn into the entrance marked "800 Airport."
- At the entrance gate, push the intercom button, and identify yourself. The security guards will raise the gate. (Visitors that are not expected will not be admitted.)
- Park. Parking is unrestricted but may be limited.
- Walk towards the main entrance, which is marked by flag poles.
- Proceed to the security desk inside the building, and the security guards will assist you from there.