NOTICE DATE: June 19, 2020
NOTICE TYPE: M-A061920-01 NPRR
SHORT DESCRIPTION: Implementation Details for NPRR930
INTENDED AUDIENCE: All Market Participants
DAYS AFFECTED: July 1, 2020
LONG DESCRIPTION: On July 1, 2020, Protocol language related to Nodal Protocol Revision Request (NPRR) 930, Process, Pricing, and Cost Recovery for Delayed Resource Outages, will be partially implemented.
NPRR930 requires ERCOT to use an Outage Adjustment Evaluation (OAE) process to delay accepted or approved Outages after issuing an Advance Action Notice (AAN) to describe the need and providing time for Qualified Scheduling Entities (QSEs) to adjust their Outage plans. A Resource that receives an Outage Schedule Adjustment (OSA) as a result of an OAE will be made whole to its actual costs incurred due to delaying or canceling and rescheduling the Outage and committing the Resource, as appropriate.
As detailed in the 9/24/19 ERCOT Comments, NPRR930 can be partially implemented prior. The remaining Protocol language related to NPRR930 will be implemented at a later date.
The following Protocol language will be effective July 1, 2020:
- Section 2.1, Definitions (Advance Action Notice, Outage Adjustment Evaluation, Outage Schedule Adjustment, Outage Schedule Adjustment Period)
- Paragraphs (1), (2), and (4) of Section 126.96.36.199, Outage Coordination of Forecasted Emergency Conditions
- Section 188.8.131.52, Withdrawal of Approval or Acceptance and Rescheduling of Approved or Accepted Planned Outages of Resource Facilities (Phase 1 changes only)
- Section 5.1, Introduction
- Section 5.5.2, Reliability Unit Commitment (RUC) Process
- Section 5.6.5, Settlement for Canceled or Delayed Outages for Outage Schedule Adjustments (OSAs)
- Section 184.108.40.206, Make-Whole Payment for Canceled or Delayed Outages for OSAs
- Section 220.127.116.11, RUC Make-Whole Payment and RUC Clawback Charge for Resources Receiving OSAs
- Section 18.104.22.168, Timeline for Calculating RUC Clawback Charges for Resources Receiving OSAs
- Section 5.8, Annual RUC Reporting Requirement
- Section 22.214.171.124.1.1, Advance Action Notice
- Section 9.5.6, RTM Resettlement Statement
NPRR930 and its associated documents can be found on the ERCOT website.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at ClientServices@ercot.com.
If you are receiving email from a public ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.