NOTICE DATE: March 3, 2020
NOTICE TYPE: M-A030320-01 General
SHORT DESCRIPTION: ERCOT Precautionary Measures in Response to Coronavirus – Visitation Restrictions to all ERCOT Facilities
INTENDED AUDIENCE: All Market Participants, Corporate Members and Visitors
DAYS AFFECTED: March 3, 2020 – March 15, 2020
LONG DESCRIPTION: ERCOT is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and following guidance from federal, state, and local health agencies. Out of an abundance of caution, ERCOT has implemented visitation restrictions on all ERCOT facilities and is canceling non-essential business travel by ERCOT employees and contractors for the above period to help ensure the health and safety of staff, and prevent disruption to ERCOT’s critical business operations. ERCOT advises individuals planning to visit ERCOT facilities during this time to communicate with their ERCOT contact(s) to discuss meeting alternatives and/or rescheduling.
ERCOT is also taking the following actions to mitigate transmission of COVID-19:
- Monitoring international travel of ERCOT staff and household;
- Instructing ERCOT staff with illness or symptoms of illness to stay home;
- Implementing extra measures for deep cleaning of all ERCOT facilities;
- Instructing ERCOT staff to utilize conference calls, WebEx, Skype, and other technical means for conducting business with external parties;
- Hosting ERCOT stakeholder meetings via WebEx starting March 4 (please refer to the ERCOT calendar for meeting information; email voting will be utilized for necessary business);
- Continuing activities essential for ERCOT operations—e.g., ERCOT will continue to host Black Start training with additional precautions (i.e., monitoring international travel, encouraging social distancing, facility disinfecting, etc.).
Once again, starting March 4 through March 15, all stakeholder meetings will be WebEx only and visitors will not be allowed on ERCOT facilities except for activities essential for ERCOT operations.
ERCOT will review these visitor restrictions on a weekly basis and send updated Market Notices. ERCOT appreciates your understanding and requests your partnership during this time.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at ClientServices@ercot.com.
If you are receiving email from a public ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.