NOTICE DATE: May 25, 2021
NOTICE TYPE: M-A052521-01 Operations
SHORT DESCRIPTION: TEST of ERCOT's automated emergency notification system
INTENDED AUDIENCE: All Market Participants
DAYS AFFECTED: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
LONG DESCRIPTION: On Wednesday, May 26, 2021, ERCOT will conduct a test of its automated emergency grid conditions communication system. This test will begin at approximately 7:00 p.m. Central Prevailing Time (CPT). This test will result in the following:
- Temporary change of the Grid Conditions "Normal Conditions" spotlight on the ERCOT.com and Market Information System (MIS) home pages;
- Test message to ERCOT's Twitter account;
- Pop-up alert and notification message on the ERCOT Mobile App;
- Test message to the Grid Emergency Alerts email distribution list; and
- Test message on the Operations Messages and Public Notices pages on ERCOT.com.
ACTION REQUIRED: THIS IS ONLY A TEST. No action is required.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Stay informed with ERCOT messaging by downloading the ERCOT Mobile App, subscribing to Grid Emergency Alerts, reviewing ERCOT's Use of Emergency Alerts, and viewing the Energy Emergency Alert Communications Matrix.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at ClientServices@ercot.com.
If you are receiving email from a public ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.