DATE: March 11, 2021
NOTICE TYPE: M-B022621-02 Outage - Retail/Wholesale
SHORT DESCRIPTION: Planned system maintenance with impacted services
INTENDED AUDIENCE: All Market Participants
DAY AFFECTED: March 15, 2021 15:30 – 18:00 CDT
LONG DESCRIPTION: ERCOT will be performing planned system maintenance of Energy and Market Management systems (EMS, MMS, ITRON and EIN) databases on March 15, 2021 during a maintenance window of 15:30 – 18:00 CDT.
During the maintenance period on March 15, 2021, Market Participants will experience an outage on the following services from 15:30 until 15:55 CDT.
- MMS – Security-Constrained Economic Dispatch (SCED)/Look Ahead SCED applications may be unavailable for 3 SCED intervals during the 15:35 - 15:55 CDT time frame.
- Base Points from SCED may not be created for 3 SCED intervals during 15:35 - 15:55 CDT time frame. During this period, Qualified Scheduling Entities (QSEs) with Resources may be required to follow Emergency Base Points from ERCOT Load Frequency Control.
- Market submissions and requests via Web Services, Market Manager and Outage Scheduler.
- Report publishing to the ERCOT Market Information System (MIS)
- Downloading of extracts and reports from MIS and WebServices.
- The MIS Dashboards and ERCOT.com price displays will not be populated.
- The following reports may be unavailable:
- SCED and RTD Reports
- NSA Active and Inactive Constraint Reports
- State Estimator Reports
- Real-Time Dynamic Rating Data Reports
- Wind Power Production - 5-minute Averaged Actual values
- Solar Power Production – 5-minute Averaged Actual values
Start and completion times of this maintenance may be delayed depending on system conditions at that time. A Hotline call to Market Participants will be executed prior to and following completion of the maintenance.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Market Information System (MIS) and Current Day Reports (CDR) system will be impacted. Reports will be rerun and reposted as applicable. The MIS Dashboards and ERCOT.com price displays will not be populated with data during this timeframe.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at ClientServices@ercot.com.
If you are receiving email from a public ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.