NOTICE DATE: February 9, 2021
NOTICE TYPE: M-A020121-02 Outage - Wholesale
SHORT DESCRIPTION: Market Management and Outage Scheduler (MMS/OS) Systems/Applications Outage during MMS/OS Tech Refresh Project Production Cutover
INTENDED AUDIENCE: ERCOT Market Participants
DAY AFFECTED: February 11, 2021, 15:25 – 17:00 CPT
LONG DESCRIPTION: ERCOT will be performing a MMS/OS systems and database upgrade to newer hardware and software versions as part of the MMS/OS Tech Refresh Project production cutover between 15:25 and 17:00 CPT on Thursday, February 11, 2021.
During the production cutover period on February 11, 2021, Market Participants will experience an outage on the following services from 15:25 until 17:00:
- MMS Security-Constrained Economic Dispatch (SCED) / Look Ahead SCED applications will be unavailable for three SCED intervals during the 15:40:00 - 15:54:59 CPT timeframe.
- SCED Base Points may not be created for the three SCED intervals during the 15:40:00 - 15:54:59 CPT time frame; Qualified Scheduling Entities (QSEs) with Resources will be required to follow Emergency Base Points from Load Frequency Control (LFC).
- Market Submissions and requests via Market Manager, Outage Scheduler and Web Services;
- Access to reports published to the ERCOT Market Information System (MIS);
- Ability to download extracts and reports from MIS and Web Services; and
- Access to MIS Dashboards and ERCOT.com price displays.
- The following may also be unavailable during the production cutover period:
- SCED and Real Time Dispatch (RTD) Reports;
- Network Security Analysis (NSA) Active and Inactive Constraint Reports;
- State Estimator Reports;
- NSA Active and Inactive Constraint Reports;
- Real-Time Dynamic Rating Data Reports;
- Wind Power Production - 5-minute Averaged Actual values; and
- Solar Power Production - 5-minute Averaged Actual values.
Note that the start and completion times of this outage may be delayed depending on system conditions at that time. A Hotline call to Market Participants will be executed prior to the start and following the completion of the production cutover.
ACTION REQUIRED: QSEs with Resources will need to follow Emergency Base Points during the outage. All QSEs need to be aware of the timeline changes in HRUC.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at ClientServices@ercot.com.
If you are receiving email from an ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.