NOTICE DATE: May 28, 2020
NOTICE TYPE: M-A041420-03 Release
SHORT DESCRIPTION: Invitation to Test Market Information System (MIS) Sandbox
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Market Information System (MIS) Users
DAYS AFFECTED: May 28, 2020
LONG DESCRIPTION: ERCOT has released a sandbox version of the updated Market Information System (MIS) to the Market Operations Test Environment (MOTE). MIS users are encouraged to explore the sandbox version of MIS at https://testmis.ercot.com/public.
Chrome is the preferred browser for this site. Using Internet Explorer may cause display issues. Please see the release notes attachment for more details.
The sandbox version will not require digital certificates or provide access to applications, public, secure, or certified data. It will include a refreshed look, new navigational structure, and enhanced sorting and search capabilities.
ERCOT is asking MIS users to test the sandbox and provide feedback in one or more of the following methods:
- Email email@example.com with comments.
- Visit the MIS & ERCOT.com Redesign page for timelines, updates, and feedback opportunities.
- Attend the MIS & ERCOT.com User Workshop on June 24, 2020.
MIS upgrade timeline:
- January 2020: ERCOT Market Information List (EMIL) web interface - Complete
- May 28, 2020: Sandbox version of new MIS available for feedback
- September 2020: New MIS available for testing
- November 2020: New MIS go-live (will run in parallel with current MIS until Q1 2021)
ACTION REQUIRED: Please forward this notice to frequent MIS users in your organization and encourage them to test the MIS sandbox at https://testmis.ercot.com/public and provide feedback anytime between Thursday, May 28 and Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
See attached release notes for additional details. See attached information map to view information movement from the current MIS to the new sandbox version of MIS.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at ClientServices@ercot.com.
If you are receiving email from a public ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.