NOTICE DATE: May 18, 2020
NOTICE TYPE: M-A041420-02 Release
SHORT DESCRIPTION: Invitation to Test Market Information System (MIS) Sandbox
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Market Information System (MIS) Users
DAYS AFFECTED: May 28, 2020
LONG DESCRIPTION: ERCOT will release a sandbox version of the updated Market Information System (MIS) to the Market Operations Test Environment (MOTE) on Thursday, May 28, 2020. MIS users are encouraged to explore the sandbox version of MIS and provide feedback.
The sandbox version will not require digital certificates or provide access to public, secure, or certified data. It will include a refreshed look, new navigational structure, and enhanced sorting and search capabilities.
A link to access the MIS sandbox will be sent Thursday, May 28, 2020. ERCOT is asking MIS users to test the sandbox and provide feedback in one or more of the following methods:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with comments.
- Visit the MIS & ERCOT.com Redesign page for timelines, updates, and feedback opportunities.
- Attend the MIS & ERCOT.com User Workshop on June 24, 2020.
MIS upgrade timeline:
- January 2020: ERCOT Market Information List (EMIL) web interface - Complete
- May 28, 2020: Sandbox version of new MIS available for feedback
- September 2020: New MIS available for testing
- November 2020: New MIS go-live (will run in parallel with current MIS until Q1 2021)
ACTION REQUIRED: Please forward this notice to frequent MIS users in your organization and encourage them to test the MIS sandbox and provide feedback anytime between Thursday, May 28, and Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
A link to access the MIS sandbox will be sent in the final notice on Thursday, May 28, 2020.
See attached release notes for additional details.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact your ERCOT Account Manager. You may also call the general ERCOT Client Services phone number at (512) 248-3900 or contact ERCOT Client Services via email at ClientServices@ercot.com.
If you are receiving email from a public ERCOT distribution list that you no longer wish to receive, please follow this link in order to unsubscribe from this list: http://lists.ercot.com.
MIS Sandbox Release Notes 051820.pdf (May 18, 2020 – pdf)