Voltage Reduction Task Force
The Voltage Reduction Task Force (VRTF) VRTF researches the latest distribution system voltage reduction technologies. VRTF’s scope of work includes:
- Developing testing methods to validate the effectiveness of voltage reduction in multiple areas and share testing results;
- Analyzing the findings of the test and comparing them to industry experience;
- Cooperate with DWG to evaluate the dynamic effect of voltage reduction on the transmission system;
- Providing control system and operational options with the relative costs and benefits of the different options;
- Estimating the potential seasonal MW reduction that ERCOT could recognize based on the different operational options;
- Reporting findings to ROS.